Booth newcomer J Rand will be the first to admit that he hasn’t got all of his sh*t together. He’s been known to turn nights at the bar into slumber parties, and occasionally needs an Oxycontin to start his day. But there’s nothing like a major-label recording contract to turn a hungry, young artist with a history of substance abuse into a functioning member of society, right? Wait… f**k. While I have to admit that I’m kind of scared of what the Poe Boy/Interscope/Geffen signee will do if he really hits it big, it’s hard to argue with an ode to overindulgence as catchy as new single Some Nights (Remix). On this bubblegum-pop banger, the artist showcases the full breath of his skills, hooking up with co-producer Vinny Venditto to create a lush synth-guitar backdrop for bars charting his growth from an reckless kid struggling to make it into a richer, but equally reckless kid unsure if he can cope with his newfound success. Topped off with a gleaming, self-harmonized hook, this autobiogrphical jam is just one of many catchy cuts to be found on the artist’s LA Leakers-hosted Heartbreak Kid tape, set to hit the ‘net in October.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)