Don’t like Cassidy and JR Writer? Well, F**k You. If you are a fan, on the other hand, it’s your lucky day, because the (respectively) Philly and Harlem-repping street vets have stepped into the Booth with the exclusive world premiere of their latest collaborative single. On this cut, part of a forthcoming joint mixtape, the collaborators remind haters that they came through “hell on earth” to get to where they stand today. After what they experienced in the streets, a nasty blog comment makes about as much impact as a mosquito bite. Myles William provides an understated backdrop for their bars, layering eerie ambient samples over a whip-ready drum pattern. The aformentioned street album currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge. In the meantime, why not take a listen to Writer’s Winner’s Section, another DJBooth premiere?
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.