On this effort, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, JR Writer lets us know, “This the Winner’s Section.” You might assume that the Dipset alumnus was the only one in that exclusive area, but if you clicked play, then congrats—you, too, belong in the Winner’s Section. On this victorious cut, producer A6 accents his synth arrangement with some edgy trap drums, crafting the perfect instrumental backdrop for the emcee’s high-impact rhymes. You can think of JR as rap’s Mike Tyson, because his aggressive, relentless flow rings out powerfully, allowing his confident, assertive bars to hit even harder. Winner’s Section can be found on Writer’s The Stash LP, due out next month via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.