On this effort, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, JR Writer lets us know, “This the Winner’s Section.” You might assume that the Dipset alumnus was the only one in that exclusive area, but if you clicked play, then congrats—you, too, belong in the Winner’s Section. On this victorious cut, producer A6 accents his synth arrangement with some edgy trap drums, crafting the perfect instrumental backdrop for the emcee’s high-impact rhymes. You can think of JR as rap’s Mike Tyson, because his aggressive, relentless flow rings out powerfully, allowing his confident, assertive bars to hit even harder. Winner’s Section can be found on Writer’s The Stash LP, due out next month via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.