On this effort, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, JR Writer lets us know, “This the Winner’s Section.” You might assume that the Dipset alumnus was the only one in that exclusive area, but if you clicked play, then congrats—you, too, belong in the Winner’s Section. On this victorious cut, producer A6 accents his synth arrangement with some edgy trap drums, crafting the perfect instrumental backdrop for the emcee’s high-impact rhymes. You can think of JR as rap’s Mike Tyson, because his aggressive, relentless flow rings out powerfully, allowing his confident, assertive bars to hit even harder. Winner’s Section can be found on Writer’s The Stash LP, due out next month via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.