Last November, when our own Nathan S. reviewed JR Writer‘s Writer’s Block 5 mixtape, his reaction was overwhelmingly positive; he acclaimed the project as a “strong effort from a mid-major artist who’s trying to get to the next level.” One year later, Writer’s effort is still as strong as ever—the follow-up, Writer’s Block 6, is set for release in early ‘09. On his newest feature, Writer is ready to Kill The Beat with his punchline-filled flow and electric energy. So, who are the bereaved producers? None other than Da Zombeez , whose Frankenstein sample in the opening and keyboard loop throughout prove they’ve still got their brains. OK, you’ve probably read enough of my corny puns… feel free to perform your own autopsy on this slaughtered beat.
Written by Burmy on 11/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.