JR Writer decided to remix a song off his new Babygrande release, Writer’s Block 5. Since T-Pain was busy (just speculation and humor), it makes perfect sense that the services of the other most-in demand artist of the year, Lil’ Wayne, were requested. For the new version of We Gettin It Baby, the core melody from the old Nas’ single, I Can, is used to give the song an old school break beats feel. Unfortunately for JR the selection of the hottest rapper in the game wasn’t as calculated as the beat change-up choice. While both MCs are lyrically impressive, only one artist is truly ‘getting it baby’ and his last name ends in an ‘R,’ but starts with a ‘C.’
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.