JR Writer decided to remix a song off his new Babygrande release, Writer’s Block 5. Since T-Pain was busy (just speculation and humor), it makes perfect sense that the services of the other most-in demand artist of the year, Lil’ Wayne, were requested. For the new version of We Gettin It Baby, the core melody from the old Nas’ single, I Can, is used to give the song an old school break beats feel. Unfortunately for JR the selection of the hottest rapper in the game wasn’t as calculated as the beat change-up choice. While both MCs are lyrically impressive, only one artist is truly ‘getting it baby’ and his last name ends in an ‘R,’ but starts with a ‘C.’
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.