JR Writer decided to remix a song off his new Babygrande release, Writer’s Block 5. Since T-Pain was busy (just speculation and humor), it makes perfect sense that the services of the other most-in demand artist of the year, Lil’ Wayne, were requested. For the new version of We Gettin It Baby, the core melody from the old Nas’ single, I Can, is used to give the song an old school break beats feel. Unfortunately for JR the selection of the hottest rapper in the game wasn’t as calculated as the beat change-up choice. While both MCs are lyrically impressive, only one artist is truly ‘getting it baby’ and his last name ends in an ‘R,’ but starts with a ‘C.’
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)