JR Writer decided to remix a song off his new Babygrande release, Writer’s Block 5. Since T-Pain was busy (just speculation and humor), it makes perfect sense that the services of the other most-in demand artist of the year, Lil’ Wayne, were requested. For the new version of We Gettin It Baby, the core melody from the old Nas’ single, I Can, is used to give the song an old school break beats feel. Unfortunately for JR the selection of the hottest rapper in the game wasn’t as calculated as the beat change-up choice. While both MCs are lyrically impressive, only one artist is truly ‘getting it baby’ and his last name ends in an ‘R,’ but starts with a ‘C.’
Written by DJ Z on 11/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Em" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.