You might expect a rapper with a name like JR Mint to drop cinematically sweet songs…and you wouldn’t be far off. Just a few weeks after he walked us into the The Bakery on his Booth-approved debut, Mint is back and ready to mellow out our more aggressive members with new single Smoke Out. If that supremely relaxed, smoothly percussive and horn-laced beat gets you in the mood to blaze up you can blame producer MoSS, who adds to his impressively growing resume with yet another expertly crafted beat. In contrast to his previous collab with Smoke DZA, here JR bogarts the mic, rolling over the beat with a hazy flow that explains just how deep the roots of his smoking habit run: “started smoking blunts at 12 when I was hangin with the crew, then I started getting older slowly changing up my view.” So how about it Booth? Is Smoke Out some of that sweet sticky icky, or more like sticks and stems? Those answering with the former can undoubtedly find much more stoner-friendly material on Mint’s upcoming free album Canadian Mint, set to drop on May 10.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Bakery" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.