We’ve all got a few Secrets; some of us just have more than others. In the case of Jr. Hi, it would be easier to list off what we do know about him: his name, his profession (recording artist/producer), and… yeah, that’s pretty much it. Fortunately, that’s all you really need to know to appreciate his debut single which, ironically, is all about the painful consequences of hiding the truth. As Hi laments a certain woman’s deceptions, veiling his voice with studio effects, his production builds from a minimal verse groove to a throbbing electronic chorus. Alt-R&B phenom The Weeknd, who cultivated a similar air of mystery in the early stages of his career, lends his vocals to the first and second verses. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; though the mysterious newcomer’s plans are, unsurprisingly, unknown, we’ll be sure to keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.