We’ve all got a few Secrets; some of us just have more than others. In the case of Jr. Hi, it would be easier to list off what we do know about him: his name, his profession (recording artist/producer), and… yeah, that’s pretty much it. Fortunately, that’s all you really need to know to appreciate his debut single which, ironically, is all about the painful consequences of hiding the truth. As Hi laments a certain woman’s deceptions, veiling his voice with studio effects, his production builds from a minimal verse groove to a throbbing electronic chorus. Alt-R&B phenom The Weeknd, who cultivated a similar air of mystery in the early stages of his career, lends his vocals to the first and second verses. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; though the mysterious newcomer’s plans are, unsurprisingly, unknown, we’ll be sure to keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.