We’ve all got a few Secrets; some of us just have more than others. In the case of Jr. Hi, it would be easier to list off what we do know about him: his name, his profession (recording artist/producer), and… yeah, that’s pretty much it. Fortunately, that’s all you really need to know to appreciate his debut single which, ironically, is all about the painful consequences of hiding the truth. As Hi laments a certain woman’s deceptions, veiling his voice with studio effects, his production builds from a minimal verse groove to a throbbing electronic chorus. Alt-R&B phenom The Weeknd, who cultivated a similar air of mystery in the early stages of his career, lends his vocals to the first and second verses. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; though the mysterious newcomer’s plans are, unsurprisingly, unknown, we’ll be sure to keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.