We’ve all got a few Secrets; some of us just have more than others. In the case of Jr. Hi, it would be easier to list off what we do know about him: his name, his profession (recording artist/producer), and… yeah, that’s pretty much it. Fortunately, that’s all you really need to know to appreciate his debut single which, ironically, is all about the painful consequences of hiding the truth. As Hi laments a certain woman’s deceptions, veiling his voice with studio effects, his production builds from a minimal verse groove to a throbbing electronic chorus. Alt-R&B phenom The Weeknd, who cultivated a similar air of mystery in the early stages of his career, lends his vocals to the first and second verses. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned; though the mysterious newcomer’s plans are, unsurprisingly, unknown, we’ll be sure to keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.