On J.R. Get Money‘s new buzz single, No Body, the Atlanta-based rapper gets his ‘ladies jam’ on and poppin’ by explaining that he “ain’t love no body but you.” While J.R. seems like a respectable and trustworthy fella, anyone who has the words ‘get’ and ‘money’ in their stage name obviously has a secondary love that ranks just as high. Supplying the boardwork for J.R. is producer Jim Jonsin, co-crafter of Lil Wayne‘s chart-topping Lollipop, who provides a similarly light and airy beat. Signed to a distribution deal with Universal Motown via his indie label Moodswing and a co-sign by the nice folks at Grand Hustle, J.R. might finally earn some paper that matches his name.
Written by DJ Z on 04/17/08
Submit your Rating
Moodswing/Grand Hustle/Universal Motown
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.