On J.R. Get Money‘s new buzz single, No Body, the Atlanta-based rapper gets his ‘ladies jam’ on and poppin’ by explaining that he “ain’t love no body but you.” While J.R. seems like a respectable and trustworthy fella, anyone who has the words ‘get’ and ‘money’ in their stage name obviously has a secondary love that ranks just as high. Supplying the boardwork for J.R. is producer Jim Jonsin, co-crafter of Lil Wayne‘s chart-topping Lollipop, who provides a similarly light and airy beat. Signed to a distribution deal with Universal Motown via his indie label Moodswing and a co-sign by the nice folks at Grand Hustle, J.R. might finally earn some paper that matches his name.
Written by DJ Z on 04/17/08
Submit your Rating
Moodswing/Grand Hustle/Universal Motown
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.