Ever get freaked out by silence, and turn on some music just to Keep the Quiet Out? Then you probably don’t live in Brooklyn, or any other city of comparable density. Regardless, you’ll find that Booth newcomer JP Cooper‘s latest single, the title track off a newly-released EP, is the perfect solution to your troubles. More than a simple substitute for stillness, though, it’s a quality record in its own right. Production collective The Confect sets the mood on this pensive ballad, mixing piano, strings and ghostly synths as the Island Records singer/songwriter pines for a woman who’s far away. Fans can find Quiet and much more on the Manchester native’s EP of the same name, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.