The Booth debut of newcomer Joyner Lucas is dedicated to the ladies, but it’s not a slow jam or a club song; it actually has some real meaning behind it. While society may dictate how women are supposed to act, what they should say and what they should wear, there are some men like (like Lucas) who refuse to do so. Instead they ask, in regard to those who feel they can tell women what to do, “What Do They Know?” Powerful but not overdone, producer Khep‘s synth-driven, minimalist beat sets the mood on this heavy song selection. The real meat of the record, however, comes from Lucas’ brisk, resonating flow, which he uses to provide a refreshing, reassuring perspective on gender relations. If What Do They Know? leaves you wanting more from this Massachusetts native, be sure to check out his upcoming project, LFO’s, when it drops on Saturday, August 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.