I have been debating all morning as to whether or not a workout is in my Friday plans. Admittedly, I was on the fence (it is Friday after all), but after hearing Joyner Lucas’ latest effort, I think I am going to make the gym my Jurisdiction. Most of my favorite workout records are high-energy and have some crazy, epic beat, but not this track. Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Carmack‘s sleuthing, eerie production and Lucas’ flow are hardly nap-inducing, but they aren’t balls to the wall either. The real inspirational, keep-digging-deeper vibe comes from what Joyner says and how he says it. The Massachusetts emcee puts the competition on notice with some unapologetic, cut-throat bars and a slicing flow that builds with speed and power throughout; it might be the perfect song for that extra rep or mile. Jurisdiction and Lucas’ last Booth spot, F@*k Your Feelings will not appear on his upcoming spring release,Along Came Joyner.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Do They Know?" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)