I have been debating all morning as to whether or not a workout is in my Friday plans. Admittedly, I was on the fence (it is Friday after all), but after hearing Joyner Lucas’ latest effort, I think I am going to make the gym my Jurisdiction. Most of my favorite workout records are high-energy and have some crazy, epic beat, but not this track. Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Carmack‘s sleuthing, eerie production and Lucas’ flow are hardly nap-inducing, but they aren’t balls to the wall either. The real inspirational, keep-digging-deeper vibe comes from what Joyner says and how he says it. The Massachusetts emcee puts the competition on notice with some unapologetic, cut-throat bars and a slicing flow that builds with speed and power throughout; it might be the perfect song for that extra rep or mile. Jurisdiction and Lucas’ last Booth spot, F@*k Your Feelings will not appear on his upcoming spring release,Along Came Joyner.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Do They Know?" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.