I have been debating all morning as to whether or not a workout is in my Friday plans. Admittedly, I was on the fence (it is Friday after all), but after hearing Joyner Lucas’ latest effort, I think I am going to make the gym my Jurisdiction. Most of my favorite workout records are high-energy and have some crazy, epic beat, but not this track. Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Carmack‘s sleuthing, eerie production and Lucas’ flow are hardly nap-inducing, but they aren’t balls to the wall either. The real inspirational, keep-digging-deeper vibe comes from what Joyner says and how he says it. The Massachusetts emcee puts the competition on notice with some unapologetic, cut-throat bars and a slicing flow that builds with speed and power throughout; it might be the perfect song for that extra rep or mile. Jurisdiction and Lucas’ last Booth spot, F@*k Your Feelings will not appear on his upcoming spring release,Along Came Joyner.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Do They Know?" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.