Thought you knew Jovi Rockwell? Thought you had her all figured out? Think again. While new EP single I Got You retains the bouncy dancehall-pop feel of previous features, the Kingston native’s sound has been spruced up with some unexpected funk-soul vibes. REO‘s deftly-sliced sampling of James Brown classic I Feel Good backs Rockwell as she playfully laments the excess of male attention she attracts on a daily basis, asking, “Why oh why must I be so hot?” After a listen to this quirky, flirtatious cut, are you anxious to get to know Jovi Rockwell better? You’ll get your chance October 1, when her Boombox EP hits online retailers.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.