Thought you knew Jovi Rockwell? Thought you had her all figured out? Think again. While new EP single I Got You retains the bouncy dancehall-pop feel of previous features, the Kingston native’s sound has been spruced up with some unexpected funk-soul vibes. REO‘s deftly-sliced sampling of James Brown classic I Feel Good backs Rockwell as she playfully laments the excess of male attention she attracts on a daily basis, asking, “Why oh why must I be so hot?” After a listen to this quirky, flirtatious cut, are you anxious to get to know Jovi Rockwell better? You’ll get your chance October 1, when her Boombox EP hits online retailers.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)