Thought you knew Jovi Rockwell? Thought you had her all figured out? Think again. While new EP single I Got You retains the bouncy dancehall-pop feel of previous features, the Kingston native’s sound has been spruced up with some unexpected funk-soul vibes. REO‘s deftly-sliced sampling of James Brown classic I Feel Good backs Rockwell as she playfully laments the excess of male attention she attracts on a daily basis, asking, “Why oh why must I be so hot?” After a listen to this quirky, flirtatious cut, are you anxious to get to know Jovi Rockwell better? You’ll get your chance October 1, when her Boombox EP hits online retailers.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.