In my mental dictionary, the phrase “Dilly Dally” (v., to waste time, especially in indecision) is filed next to “chop-chop!” and “cattywampus” under “Weird Slang Only My Grandma Uses.” Jovi Rockwell, however, has decided that the time is ripe to reclaim the term for a new generation. On the latest leak off the forthcoming, DJBooth.net-presented re-release of her Psycho Therapy mixtape, the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter announces that, whether you like it or not, she and her crew are going to dilly, dally, and dally-to-the-dilly from sundown “til the break of dawn.” The combo of singer/producer Bruno Mars’ grinding synths and syncopated percussion, and the Kingston representative’s sing-song vocal style makes for a track with an undeniably unique, party-ready vibe – the only question is, of course, do you like it or not? For those who answered in the affirmative, there’s plenty more in store. Be sure to check back with us in July, when Jovi’s Psycho Therapy 1.5 arrives on our front page for streaming and free download.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!