In my mental dictionary, the phrase “Dilly Dally” (v., to waste time, especially in indecision) is filed next to “chop-chop!” and “cattywampus” under “Weird Slang Only My Grandma Uses.” Jovi Rockwell, however, has decided that the time is ripe to reclaim the term for a new generation. On the latest leak off the forthcoming, DJBooth.net-presented re-release of her Psycho Therapy mixtape, the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter announces that, whether you like it or not, she and her crew are going to dilly, dally, and dally-to-the-dilly from sundown “til the break of dawn.” The combo of singer/producer Bruno Mars’ grinding synths and syncopated percussion, and the Kingston representative’s sing-song vocal style makes for a track with an undeniably unique, party-ready vibe – the only question is, of course, do you like it or not? For those who answered in the affirmative, there’s plenty more in store. Be sure to check back with us in July, when Jovi’s Psycho Therapy 1.5 arrives on our front page for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 06/3/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.