In my mental dictionary, the phrase “Dilly Dally” (v., to waste time, especially in indecision) is filed next to “chop-chop!” and “cattywampus” under “Weird Slang Only My Grandma Uses.” Jovi Rockwell, however, has decided that the time is ripe to reclaim the term for a new generation. On the latest leak off the forthcoming, DJBooth.net-presented re-release of her Psycho Therapy mixtape, the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter announces that, whether you like it or not, she and her crew are going to dilly, dally, and dally-to-the-dilly from sundown “til the break of dawn.” The combo of singer/producer Bruno Mars’ grinding synths and syncopated percussion, and the Kingston representative’s sing-song vocal style makes for a track with an undeniably unique, party-ready vibe – the only question is, of course, do you like it or not? For those who answered in the affirmative, there’s plenty more in store. Be sure to check back with us in July, when Jovi’s Psycho Therapy 1.5 arrives on our front page for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 06/3/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.