In my mental dictionary, the phrase “Dilly Dally” (v., to waste time, especially in indecision) is filed next to “chop-chop!” and “cattywampus” under “Weird Slang Only My Grandma Uses.” Jovi Rockwell, however, has decided that the time is ripe to reclaim the term for a new generation. On the latest leak off the forthcoming, DJBooth.net-presented re-release of her Psycho Therapy mixtape, the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter announces that, whether you like it or not, she and her crew are going to dilly, dally, and dally-to-the-dilly from sundown “til the break of dawn.” The combo of singer/producer Bruno Mars’ grinding synths and syncopated percussion, and the Kingston representative’s sing-song vocal style makes for a track with an undeniably unique, party-ready vibe – the only question is, of course, do you like it or not? For those who answered in the affirmative, there’s plenty more in store. Be sure to check back with us in July, when Jovi’s Psycho Therapy 1.5 arrives on our front page for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 06/3/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.