Out today, the latest mixtape from Killin Dem singer/songwiter Jovi Rockwell finds the Kingston-bred up-and-comer lying down on the couch for a musical Psycho Therapy session. What’s been bothering her? Well, on this standout track, she gives us the lowdown on one of her biggest stressors: an overly enthusiastic fan named Ben (Was anyone else expecting a reggae revamp of the young Michael Jackson‘s ode to his favorite rat? OK, maybe that was just me.). Over Lil Boy Fresh‘s infectious blend of guitar, handclap percussion and (on the hook) muted horns, the artist recounts how the simple decision to say “yes” to an online friend request turned her life into a nightmare, and pleads with her stalker, “I just can’t relax, and I need you to stop. I’m tired of the hassle and the headache that you’re givin’ off.” It’s one catchy tune, but we can only hope that Rockwell talked to the police before immortalizing Ben in song. For more insight into Jovi Rockwell’s psyche, grab a copy of her newly-released street album, available for free download here.
Written by richard on 11/16/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.