Today, The DJBooth is receiving a visit from three kings—and, like the wise men of Christmas tradition, they come bearing gifts. Instead of the Orient, though, Booth newcomer Jourdan Jackson and his colleagues hail from Las Vegas, and they’re toting dope bars rather than gold, frankincense and myrrh. Beatsmith Bliss‘s smoky samples set the mood as Jackson emphasizes the distance separating him from his competition: “Claim God, claim king or whatever / Truth be told, y’all ain’t even on my level.” Longtime reader fave Marion Write lends his high-energy flow to the middle verse, and the headliner’s fellow Booth newcomer, TR@ttb, contributes a booming 16 on the back end. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Triple Crowned isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on all three collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.