Today, The DJBooth is receiving a visit from three kings—and, like the wise men of Christmas tradition, they come bearing gifts. Instead of the Orient, though, Booth newcomer Jourdan Jackson and his colleagues hail from Las Vegas, and they’re toting dope bars rather than gold, frankincense and myrrh. Beatsmith Bliss‘s smoky samples set the mood as Jackson emphasizes the distance separating him from his competition: “Claim God, claim king or whatever / Truth be told, y’all ain’t even on my level.” Longtime reader fave Marion Write lends his high-energy flow to the middle verse, and the headliner’s fellow Booth newcomer, TR@ttb, contributes a booming 16 on the back end. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Triple Crowned isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on all three collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.