Today, The DJBooth is receiving a visit from three kings—and, like the wise men of Christmas tradition, they come bearing gifts. Instead of the Orient, though, Booth newcomer Jourdan Jackson and his colleagues hail from Las Vegas, and they’re toting dope bars rather than gold, frankincense and myrrh. Beatsmith Bliss‘s smoky samples set the mood as Jackson emphasizes the distance separating him from his competition: “Claim God, claim king or whatever / Truth be told, y’all ain’t even on my level.” Longtime reader fave Marion Write lends his high-energy flow to the middle verse, and the headliner’s fellow Booth newcomer, TR@ttb, contributes a booming 16 on the back end. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Triple Crowned isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on all three collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)