Today, The DJBooth is receiving a visit from three kings—and, like the wise men of Christmas tradition, they come bearing gifts. Instead of the Orient, though, Booth newcomer Jourdan Jackson and his colleagues hail from Las Vegas, and they’re toting dope bars rather than gold, frankincense and myrrh. Beatsmith Bliss‘s smoky samples set the mood as Jackson emphasizes the distance separating him from his competition: “Claim God, claim king or whatever / Truth be told, y’all ain’t even on my level.” Longtime reader fave Marion Write lends his high-energy flow to the middle verse, and the headliner’s fellow Booth newcomer, TR@ttb, contributes a booming 16 on the back end. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Triple Crowned isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on all three collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.