Visit any rap blog across the world wide web and it’s obvious: there are millions of rappers all trying to “get on.” Unfortunately, this makes it extremely difficult for those artists who are truly talented to get noticed. On his latest single, North Carolina emcee Joshua Gunn agrees, going so far as to say that quality rappers come a Dime-A-Dozen. An inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming studio album, Dime showcases Gunn harnessing his powerful delivery over producer The Jake‘s old school production. This demonstration further proves the point that while their may be plenty of emcees all vying for the same sacred attention, Gunn is definitely worthy of your time. The Durham native’s God Speed album is coming soon, but go back in time and check out last December’s Golden Age while you wait.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
Red Eye Lifestyle
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Applaud Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.