Visit any rap blog across the world wide web and it’s obvious: there are millions of rappers all trying to “get on.” Unfortunately, this makes it extremely difficult for those artists who are truly talented to get noticed. On his latest single, North Carolina emcee Joshua Gunn agrees, going so far as to say that quality rappers come a Dime-A-Dozen. An inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming studio album, Dime showcases Gunn harnessing his powerful delivery over producer The Jake‘s old school production. This demonstration further proves the point that while their may be plenty of emcees all vying for the same sacred attention, Gunn is definitely worthy of your time. The Durham native’s God Speed album is coming soon, but go back in time and check out last December’s Golden Age while you wait.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
Red Eye Lifestyle
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Applaud Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.