Visit any rap blog across the world wide web and it’s obvious: there are millions of rappers all trying to “get on.” Unfortunately, this makes it extremely difficult for those artists who are truly talented to get noticed. On his latest single, North Carolina emcee Joshua Gunn agrees, going so far as to say that quality rappers come a Dime-A-Dozen. An inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming studio album, Dime showcases Gunn harnessing his powerful delivery over producer The Jake‘s old school production. This demonstration further proves the point that while their may be plenty of emcees all vying for the same sacred attention, Gunn is definitely worthy of your time. The Durham native’s God Speed album is coming soon, but go back in time and check out last December’s Golden Age while you wait.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
Red Eye Lifestyle
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Applaud Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.