Visit any rap blog across the world wide web and it’s obvious: there are millions of rappers all trying to “get on.” Unfortunately, this makes it extremely difficult for those artists who are truly talented to get noticed. On his latest single, North Carolina emcee Joshua Gunn agrees, going so far as to say that quality rappers come a Dime-A-Dozen. An inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming studio album, Dime showcases Gunn harnessing his powerful delivery over producer The Jake‘s old school production. This demonstration further proves the point that while their may be plenty of emcees all vying for the same sacred attention, Gunn is definitely worthy of your time. The Durham native’s God Speed album is coming soon, but go back in time and check out last December’s Golden Age while you wait.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
Red Eye Lifestyle
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Applaud Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)