Visit any rap blog across the world wide web and it’s obvious: there are millions of rappers all trying to “get on.” Unfortunately, this makes it extremely difficult for those artists who are truly talented to get noticed. On his latest single, North Carolina emcee Joshua Gunn agrees, going so far as to say that quality rappers come a Dime-A-Dozen. An inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming studio album, Dime showcases Gunn harnessing his powerful delivery over producer The Jake‘s old school production. This demonstration further proves the point that while their may be plenty of emcees all vying for the same sacred attention, Gunn is definitely worthy of your time. The Durham native’s God Speed album is coming soon, but go back in time and check out last December’s Golden Age while you wait.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
Red Eye Lifestyle
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Applaud Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.