In his recent interview with our own DJ Z, Josh X-an-tus told us the unusual story of his first single, Let’s Ride: the song was actually written for a childhood sweetheart roughly nine years ago. Right around that same time, his hometown of New York City had stepped back into the hip hop spotlight, so it’s only appropriate that three NYC rappers put in guest verses on the record’s remix. Jadakiss’ verse from the original is retained, while Busta Rhymes’ and Red Cafe‘s verses limit X-an-tus’ vocals to hook and bridge duty, leaving room for the rappers to explain everything they can do for a special woman, if only she remains faithful. The original version will be featured on Josh X-an-tus’ debut album, Can I Live, which is currently set to be released later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/5/09
Submit your Rating
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.