In his recent interview with our own DJ Z, Josh X-an-tus told us the unusual story of his first single, Let’s Ride: the song was actually written for a childhood sweetheart roughly nine years ago. Right around that same time, his hometown of New York City had stepped back into the hip hop spotlight, so it’s only appropriate that three NYC rappers put in guest verses on the record’s remix. Jadakiss’ verse from the original is retained, while Busta Rhymes’ and Red Cafe‘s verses limit X-an-tus’ vocals to hook and bridge duty, leaving room for the rappers to explain everything they can do for a special woman, if only she remains faithful. The original version will be featured on Josh X-an-tus’ debut album, Can I Live, which is currently set to be released later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/5/09
Submit your Rating
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)