In his recent interview with our own DJ Z, Josh X-an-tus told us the unusual story of his first single, Let’s Ride: the song was actually written for a childhood sweetheart roughly nine years ago. Right around that same time, his hometown of New York City had stepped back into the hip hop spotlight, so it’s only appropriate that three NYC rappers put in guest verses on the record’s remix. Jadakiss’ verse from the original is retained, while Busta Rhymes’ and Red Cafe‘s verses limit X-an-tus’ vocals to hook and bridge duty, leaving room for the rappers to explain everything they can do for a special woman, if only she remains faithful. The original version will be featured on Josh X-an-tus’ debut album, Can I Live, which is currently set to be released later this year.
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!