In his recent interview with our own DJ Z, Josh X-an-tus told us the unusual story of his first single, Let’s Ride: the song was actually written for a childhood sweetheart roughly nine years ago. Right around that same time, his hometown of New York City had stepped back into the hip hop spotlight, so it’s only appropriate that three NYC rappers put in guest verses on the record’s remix. Jadakiss’ verse from the original is retained, while Busta Rhymes’ and Red Cafe‘s verses limit X-an-tus’ vocals to hook and bridge duty, leaving room for the rappers to explain everything they can do for a special woman, if only she remains faithful. The original version will be featured on Josh X-an-tus’ debut album, Can I Live, which is currently set to be released later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/5/09
Submit your Rating
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.