Josh Xantus sees himself as a young Stevie Wonder. Pretty big shoes, huh? Well, at just 22 years of age, the versatile musician has already been writing and performing music for over nine years. According to his MySpace page, the Julliard-trained singer/songwriter wants to use his musical gifts to “create timeless music that serves a purpose.” So, does Josh accomplish that with his first single, Let’s Ride? On the heavily synthesized, mid-tempo pop/R&B record, producer Keith “Lil Wonda” Duplessis, whose resume includes work with both Wyclef and T.I., uses Josh’s layered vocal harmonies to carry the track. Accompanied by Roc-A-Fella recording artist, Jadakiss, the song is a perfect fit at radio, but doesn’t exactly sit X-an-tus at the big boys table with Wonder just yet. His debut album, Can I Live, is tentatively scheduled for a February 2009 release.
Written by DJ Z on 09/8/08
Submit your Rating
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes, Red Cafe, & Jadakiss" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.