Josh Xantus sees himself as a young Stevie Wonder. Pretty big shoes, huh? Well, at just 22 years of age, the versatile musician has already been writing and performing music for over nine years. According to his MySpace page, the Julliard-trained singer/songwriter wants to use his musical gifts to “create timeless music that serves a purpose.” So, does Josh accomplish that with his first single, Let’s Ride? On the heavily synthesized, mid-tempo pop/R&B record, producer Keith “Lil Wonda” Duplessis, whose resume includes work with both Wyclef and T.I., uses Josh’s layered vocal harmonies to carry the track. Accompanied by Roc-A-Fella recording artist, Jadakiss, the song is a perfect fit at radio, but doesn’t exactly sit X-an-tus at the big boys table with Wonder just yet. His debut album, Can I Live, is tentatively scheduled for a February 2009 release.
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes, Red Cafe, & Jadakiss" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.