If relationships were simple, a whole lot of R&B singers would be out of a job. In reality, of course, they’re often volatile and messy— great material for a hit record. On his third Booth feature, the classically-trained up-and-comer tackles the uncomfortable situation of leaving a girl who did him wrong, only to realize that she may not be able to survive without him. Asking somebody, anybody to provide her with emotional CPR, Xantus turns out a cut quite a bit darker than his sunny debut single, Let’s Ride. With heavily-Autotuned vocals and a synth-driven instrumental by Trendsettaz, CPR may not showcase the unconventional musical stylings Xantus promised in his exclusive interview last December, but as a demonstration of the singer’s willingness to venture into heavy, emotional territory, it should have listeners wondering what else he has in store on his forthcoming debut LP, Can I Live.
Listen to More: Josh Xantus
Written by richard on 03/11/09
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.