If relationships were simple, a whole lot of R&B singers would be out of a job. In reality, of course, they’re often volatile and messy— great material for a hit record. On his third Booth feature, the classically-trained up-and-comer tackles the uncomfortable situation of leaving a girl who did him wrong, only to realize that she may not be able to survive without him. Asking somebody, anybody to provide her with emotional CPR, Xantus turns out a cut quite a bit darker than his sunny debut single, Let’s Ride. With heavily-Autotuned vocals and a synth-driven instrumental by Trendsettaz, CPR may not showcase the unconventional musical stylings Xantus promised in his exclusive interview last December, but as a demonstration of the singer’s willingness to venture into heavy, emotional territory, it should have listeners wondering what else he has in store on his forthcoming debut LP, Can I Live.
Listen to More: Josh Xantus Written by richard
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.