If relationships were simple, a whole lot of R&B singers would be out of a job. In reality, of course, they’re often volatile and messy— great material for a hit record. On his third Booth feature, the classically-trained up-and-comer tackles the uncomfortable situation of leaving a girl who did him wrong, only to realize that she may not be able to survive without him. Asking somebody, anybody to provide her with emotional CPR, Xantus turns out a cut quite a bit darker than his sunny debut single, Let’s Ride. With heavily-Autotuned vocals and a synth-driven instrumental by Trendsettaz, CPR may not showcase the unconventional musical stylings Xantus promised in his exclusive interview last December, but as a demonstration of the singer’s willingness to venture into heavy, emotional territory, it should have listeners wondering what else he has in store on his forthcoming debut LP, Can I Live.
Listen to More: Josh Xantus
Written by richard on 03/11/09
Submit your Rating
M USA Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Ride ft. Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.