For those who’ve spent as many years away from a history classroom as I have, a little refresher course is in order: named after the town in New York in which it took place, October 1777’s Battle of Saratoga saw American forces strike a decisive blow against General John Burgoyne’s British army, turning the tide of the Revolutionary War and setting the stage for the colonists’ eventual victory. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Josh Sallee‘s latest single finds him in an analogous position: formerly an underdog, the Oklahoma City repper has finally attained the position of power and independence that will allow him to conquer the game. That feeling of potency comes through loud and clear in Sallee’s bars. Over producer Stackz Beatz’ arppegiated synths and hi-hat heavy percussion, the up-and-comer expresses total dedication to his hustle (“I’m committed to this battle like a chauvinist.”), even going so far as to compare himself to J-Hova. How about it, readers—think Sallee has what it takes to triumph over the competition? Then keep it locked; while the artist’s next album has yet to receive a title or drop date, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R.I.P. to Regret" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.