After two almost unanimously reader-acclaimed features, Josh Sallee hasn’t got a whole lot to Prove where the Booth is concerned. Rather than slackening his standards in the face of deafening applause, however, the artist’s determined to keep serving up the dope material we’ve have come to expect. Following May’s Saratoga, the latest world premiere off Sallee’s forthcoming full-length finds him departing from the aforementioned cut’s self-confident vibes to depict one of his more conflicted moments. Flowing over Home School‘s ‘production, a densely-layered synth arrangement propelled by clattering hi-hats (of both the normal and reversed varieties), the artist weighs the grueling demands of the hustle against his desire to get back together with an ex-girl. Does this introspective selection leave you craving more? Stay tuned—though the artist’s next project still lacks a title and release date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R.I.P. to Regret" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.