After two almost unanimously reader-acclaimed features, Josh Sallee hasn’t got a whole lot to Prove where the Booth is concerned. Rather than slackening his standards in the face of deafening applause, however, the artist’s determined to keep serving up the dope material we’ve have come to expect. Following May’s Saratoga, the latest world premiere off Sallee’s forthcoming full-length finds him departing from the aforementioned cut’s self-confident vibes to depict one of his more conflicted moments. Flowing over Home School‘s ‘production, a densely-layered synth arrangement propelled by clattering hi-hats (of both the normal and reversed varieties), the artist weighs the grueling demands of the hustle against his desire to get back together with an ex-girl. Does this introspective selection leave you craving more? Stay tuned—though the artist’s next project still lacks a title and release date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R.I.P. to Regret" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.