After two almost unanimously reader-acclaimed features, Josh Sallee hasn’t got a whole lot to Prove where the Booth is concerned. Rather than slackening his standards in the face of deafening applause, however, the artist’s determined to keep serving up the dope material we’ve have come to expect. Following May’s Saratoga, the latest world premiere off Sallee’s forthcoming full-length finds him departing from the aforementioned cut’s self-confident vibes to depict one of his more conflicted moments. Flowing over Home School‘s ‘production, a densely-layered synth arrangement propelled by clattering hi-hats (of both the normal and reversed varieties), the artist weighs the grueling demands of the hustle against his desire to get back together with an ex-girl. Does this introspective selection leave you craving more? Stay tuned—though the artist’s next project still lacks a title and release date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R.I.P. to Regret" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)