I don’t know if y’all have Noticed, but Josh Sallee has been putting in some serious work lately. On Sunday, he blessed our pages with reader-approved single Switch Lives, and now the Oklahoma City representative’s back to cap the week off with another fresh cut off his forthcoming mixtape. Here, Ryan Lawless‘s clattering hi-hats and hypnotic guitar/keyboard arpeggios bang in the back as the unsigned up-and-comer draws our attention to the relentlessness of his hustle, the realness of his rhymes and his recent successes in the game. Harlem-repping Booth regular Smoke DZA assists on the guest tip, tough-talking his competition in a grimy closing 16. (He even incorporates an NES-themed dis for the ‘80s babies in the house: “Bird ass n**gas get plucked real simple / Easier than Duck Hunt on the old Nintendo.”) Street album KNØW SOCIETY was released on February 23, and is available for digital purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R.I.P. to Regret" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)