I don’t know if y’all have Noticed, but Josh Sallee has been putting in some serious work lately. On Sunday, he blessed our pages with reader-approved single Switch Lives, and now the Oklahoma City representative’s back to cap the week off with another fresh cut off his forthcoming mixtape. Here, Ryan Lawless‘s clattering hi-hats and hypnotic guitar/keyboard arpeggios bang in the back as the unsigned up-and-comer draws our attention to the relentlessness of his hustle, the realness of his rhymes and his recent successes in the game. Harlem-repping Booth regular Smoke DZA assists on the guest tip, tough-talking his competition in a grimy closing 16. (He even incorporates an NES-themed dis for the ‘80s babies in the house: “Bird ass n**gas get plucked real simple / Easier than Duck Hunt on the old Nintendo.”) Street album KNØW SOCIETY was released on February 23, and is available for digital purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R.I.P. to Regret" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.