I don’t know if y’all have Noticed, but Josh Sallee has been putting in some serious work lately. On Sunday, he blessed our pages with reader-approved single Switch Lives, and now the Oklahoma City representative’s back to cap the week off with another fresh cut off his forthcoming mixtape. Here, Ryan Lawless‘s clattering hi-hats and hypnotic guitar/keyboard arpeggios bang in the back as the unsigned up-and-comer draws our attention to the relentlessness of his hustle, the realness of his rhymes and his recent successes in the game. Harlem-repping Booth regular Smoke DZA assists on the guest tip, tough-talking his competition in a grimy closing 16. (He even incorporates an NES-themed dis for the ‘80s babies in the house: “Bird ass n**gas get plucked real simple / Easier than Duck Hunt on the old Nintendo.”) Street album KNØW SOCIETY was released on February 23, and is available for digital purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"R.I.P. to Regret" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)