Need to tell your significant other that things aren’t working out, but haven’t got the nerve to dump him or her in a direct, grown-up manner? Try this: next time you and your soon-to-be ex are in the same room, say “There’s a song I’d like you to hear.” Sit him or her down, flip on Josh Clemons’ latest single, Single, and in just over three minutes you’ll be, um, single. (lip-syncing to the chorus is helpful, but not obligatory). Jokes aside, this latest offering from the Cali native and freestyle series alum should resonate with anyone who’s found him or herself in a dead-end relationship, Here, Clemons’ own alt-rock-informed production sets the stage for a full-blown airing of grievances, from the relatively serious (“I coulda wrote a book with all the sh*t you kept from me”) to the seriously petty (“Turn that sh*t, I don’t wanna watch Lifetime.”). Topped off with the artist’s own sung chorus, this cut is set for inclusion on Clemons’ The Progression LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date. While you’re waiting, why not take a listen to his last project, the DJBooth-sponsored The Installment?
Written by richard on 08/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.