Need to tell your significant other that things aren’t working out, but haven’t got the nerve to dump him or her in a direct, grown-up manner? Try this: next time you and your soon-to-be ex are in the same room, say “There’s a song I’d like you to hear.” Sit him or her down, flip on Josh Clemons’ latest single, Single, and in just over three minutes you’ll be, um, single. (lip-syncing to the chorus is helpful, but not obligatory). Jokes aside, this latest offering from the Cali native and freestyle series alum should resonate with anyone who’s found him or herself in a dead-end relationship, Here, Clemons’ own alt-rock-informed production sets the stage for a full-blown airing of grievances, from the relatively serious (“I coulda wrote a book with all the sh*t you kept from me”) to the seriously petty (“Turn that sh*t, I don’t wanna watch Lifetime.”). Topped off with the artist’s own sung chorus, this cut is set for inclusion on Clemons’ The Progression LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date. While you’re waiting, why not take a listen to his last project, the DJBooth-sponsored The Installment?
Written by richard on 08/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.