Ah, Hollywood – the glitz ‘n’ glamor capital of America; a place where overnight success is the rule, and not the exception. OK, OK, I’ve never actually been there… but that’s why they call it California Dreamin, right? Like so many others, Booth newcomer Josh Baze treasures Tinseltown not so much for what it is, but for what it symbolizes: the fast life that lies on the other side of his grueling grind. On Hollyhood, the Big Apple singer/emcee explores his fantasy in detail, lacing Griffin Guess’ lushly-arranged instrumental (complete with a hook borrowed from the Mamas & the Papas classic name-dropped above) with vivid descriptions of his City of Gold: constant public attention, dinners at upscale restaurants and (of course) beautiful women as far as the eye can see. So, how about it, Booth readers – has Josh Baze got what it takes to achieve the high-rolling lifestyle he’s always dreamed of? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, keep it locked – this promo single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Listen to More: Josh Baze
Written by richard on 04/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.