Ah, Hollywood – the glitz ‘n’ glamor capital of America; a place where overnight success is the rule, and not the exception. OK, OK, I’ve never actually been there… but that’s why they call it California Dreamin, right? Like so many others, Booth newcomer Josh Baze treasures Tinseltown not so much for what it is, but for what it symbolizes: the fast life that lies on the other side of his grueling grind. On Hollyhood, the Big Apple singer/emcee explores his fantasy in detail, lacing Griffin Guess’ lushly-arranged instrumental (complete with a hook borrowed from the Mamas & the Papas classic name-dropped above) with vivid descriptions of his City of Gold: constant public attention, dinners at upscale restaurants and (of course) beautiful women as far as the eye can see. So, how about it, Booth readers – has Josh Baze got what it takes to achieve the high-rolling lifestyle he’s always dreamed of? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, keep it locked – this promo single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.