Ah, Hollywood – the glitz ‘n’ glamor capital of America; a place where overnight success is the rule, and not the exception. OK, OK, I’ve never actually been there… but that’s why they call it California Dreamin, right? Like so many others, Booth newcomer Josh Baze treasures Tinseltown not so much for what it is, but for what it symbolizes: the fast life that lies on the other side of his grueling grind. On Hollyhood, the Big Apple singer/emcee explores his fantasy in detail, lacing Griffin Guess’ lushly-arranged instrumental (complete with a hook borrowed from the Mamas & the Papas classic name-dropped above) with vivid descriptions of his City of Gold: constant public attention, dinners at upscale restaurants and (of course) beautiful women as far as the eye can see. So, how about it, Booth readers – has Josh Baze got what it takes to achieve the high-rolling lifestyle he’s always dreamed of? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, keep it locked – this promo single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Listen to More: Josh Baze
Written by richard on 04/6/11
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.