Ah, Hollywood – the glitz ‘n’ glamor capital of America; a place where overnight success is the rule, and not the exception. OK, OK, I’ve never actually been there… but that’s why they call it California Dreamin, right? Like so many others, Booth newcomer Josh Baze treasures Tinseltown not so much for what it is, but for what it symbolizes: the fast life that lies on the other side of his grueling grind. On Hollyhood, the Big Apple singer/emcee explores his fantasy in detail, lacing Griffin Guess’ lushly-arranged instrumental (complete with a hook borrowed from the Mamas & the Papas classic name-dropped above) with vivid descriptions of his City of Gold: constant public attention, dinners at upscale restaurants and (of course) beautiful women as far as the eye can see. So, how about it, Booth readers – has Josh Baze got what it takes to achieve the high-rolling lifestyle he’s always dreamed of? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, keep it locked – this promo single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.