Some people (especially artists) work best in an atmosphere of barely-controlled chaos. José James prefers to have EveryLittleThing in its natural place. That precision and conscientiousness extends to the Minneapolis-born singer/songwriter’s work, as evidenced by the latest single off his fifth studio album. Each and every little element of this slow-burning alt-R&B banger—from the understated vocals, to the caustic lyrics, to the tense, intricate synth beat—fits together to form an exquisitely crafted musical machine. Interest piqued? More fresh, innovative tunes are just around the corner. James’s While You Were Sleeping LP is set for release via Blue Note Records on Tuesday, June 10.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trouble (Oh No Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.