While most crooner’s tend to sulk pretty heavily when it comes to their breakup songs, Vallejo, California singer Jori King just isn’t that kind of guy. The title of his latest cut, You Need Me, pretty much says it all. On the record King calls out the one who let him go by informing her that she “lost a good one” as he sings, “Tears down your face, save it/ I don’t wanna hear it baby/ I done heard all this sh*t before.” Matching King’s overcoming tone on the song is upbeat production from Clyde Strokes, which is heavy on the pop side of the spectrum. You Need Me is not attached to any larger project from the songster, but you can stream his June release Breakfast In Bed in the DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)