While most crooner’s tend to sulk pretty heavily when it comes to their breakup songs, Vallejo, California singer Jori King just isn’t that kind of guy. The title of his latest cut, You Need Me, pretty much says it all. On the record King calls out the one who let him go by informing her that she “lost a good one” as he sings, “Tears down your face, save it/ I don’t wanna hear it baby/ I done heard all this sh*t before.” Matching King’s overcoming tone on the song is upbeat production from Clyde Strokes, which is heavy on the pop side of the spectrum. You Need Me is not attached to any larger project from the songster, but you can stream his June release Breakfast In Bed in the DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)