While most crooner’s tend to sulk pretty heavily when it comes to their breakup songs, Vallejo, California singer Jori King just isn’t that kind of guy. The title of his latest cut, You Need Me, pretty much says it all. On the record King calls out the one who let him go by informing her that she “lost a good one” as he sings, “Tears down your face, save it/ I don’t wanna hear it baby/ I done heard all this sh*t before.” Matching King’s overcoming tone on the song is upbeat production from Clyde Strokes, which is heavy on the pop side of the spectrum. You Need Me is not attached to any larger project from the songster, but you can stream his June release Breakfast In Bed in the DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.