In an effort to remain anonymous while dealing with a personal problem, we’ve all used the line, “I have this friend who….”? Though it hasn’t been a highly effective method of help-seeking in history of mankind, its success to failure ratio hasn’t stopped Booth regular Jori King from trying the line on new single Rewind. Producer Clyde Strokes gives King the courage to confess to an affair with a swaying, guitar-splashed beat. As he croons about his “friend” who made a mistake with the girl at the local grocery store, King delivers a strong, passionate vocal performance, which is catchy yet remorseful, and might just convince his lady to forgive him. Rewind is not attached to a larger project, but be on the lookout for a set of visuals shot by BLKDMNDS before the year is out. And while you’re at the DJBooth, why not rewind time and enjoy one of King’s many other features like September’s Killin It.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.