Red Light! What, you thought you could just waltz in here and listen to Jori King‘s new single? You’ve gotta wait to hit play till I say “Green Light”—which I just did, so I guess you’re good to go. On this new promo cut, making its world premiere in the Booth, the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter takes a turn into darker lyrical territory than he’s dealt with in many of his previous features. In emotionally-charged verses, the artist describes his shattered mental state upon catching his girl red-handed with another man. To complement King’s sordid tale, producer Rob-E crafts an electronic beat driven by a throbbing, dubstep-tinged bassline. Red Light Green Light isn’t slated to appear on a larger project, but listeners craving more from Jori King are encouraged to check out his last feature, September’s reader-acclaimed ‘67 Shelby (Remix).
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.