Red Light! What, you thought you could just waltz in here and listen to Jori King‘s new single? You’ve gotta wait to hit play till I say “Green Light”—which I just did, so I guess you’re good to go. On this new promo cut, making its world premiere in the Booth, the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter takes a turn into darker lyrical territory than he’s dealt with in many of his previous features. In emotionally-charged verses, the artist describes his shattered mental state upon catching his girl red-handed with another man. To complement King’s sordid tale, producer Rob-E crafts an electronic beat driven by a throbbing, dubstep-tinged bassline. Red Light Green Light isn’t slated to appear on a larger project, but listeners craving more from Jori King are encouraged to check out his last feature, September’s reader-acclaimed ‘67 Shelby (Remix).
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.