Red Light! What, you thought you could just waltz in here and listen to Jori King‘s new single? You’ve gotta wait to hit play till I say “Green Light”—which I just did, so I guess you’re good to go. On this new promo cut, making its world premiere in the Booth, the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter takes a turn into darker lyrical territory than he’s dealt with in many of his previous features. In emotionally-charged verses, the artist describes his shattered mental state upon catching his girl red-handed with another man. To complement King’s sordid tale, producer Rob-E crafts an electronic beat driven by a throbbing, dubstep-tinged bassline. Red Light Green Light isn’t slated to appear on a larger project, but listeners craving more from Jori King are encouraged to check out his last feature, September’s reader-acclaimed ‘67 Shelby (Remix).
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.