Roundabout Valentine’s Day 2010, R&B neophyte Jori King made his Booth debut with the second song he’d ever completed (and his first to be released). Love at First Sight was aptly-named, winning over our resident pop-lovers with its heartfelt sound and catchy melody. Nearly a year to the day later, King’s returned to steal our hearts yet again with Promise, a newly-released promo single which finds the Cali native expressing his devotion to a special girl, in hopes that she’ll respond in kind. Over Oddz.N.Endz’ pop-appealing blend of synth chords and midtempo percussion, Jori plies the girl in question with heartfelt compliments (“Everything you do is so perfect…”) and pledges of love. In the process, he exhibits the same smooth vocal stylings and infectious songwriting that made his previous features irresistible, and the finished product is a radio-ready single chock full of, well, Promise for King’s future. But enough from me – are you head-over-heels for his latest effort? Those digging it can, as always, keep their browsers locked on the Booth for all the latest developments in this up-and-coming crooner’s career.
Written by richard on 02/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.