One of the niftiest, and most-used features on my Android handset is Shazam, an application which can ID just about any recorded musical work in existence. I suppose it’s a good thing Love at First Sight singer Jori King isn’t on the cutting edge of mobile phone technology – if he was, he wouldn’t have been inspired to write his latest promo single, which finds him transfixed by a mysterious, unidentified tune that reminds him of his girl. From the “female = music” concept, to Rob-E‘s sugary synth boardwork, to King’s singalong hook, this record may remind some of a recent smash hit by a certain Virgin Islands-bred singer, but that shouldn’t stop the record from worming its way into the ears of pop-loving listeners everywhere. And, it should be noted, Jori’s taste in women in completely different: he likes them like “La, la-la, la-la, yeah, doot-do doot do-doot doot,” not “Na na na na.” (I’m more of a “Hum de dum, bop bop she-bop” guy, myself.) Our Song is only a promo single, but it leaves no doubt that Jori King’s going places; keep it locked for the latest developments in the career of this rising pop star.
Listen to More: Jori King Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.