One of the niftiest, and most-used features on my Android handset is Shazam, an application which can ID just about any recorded musical work in existence. I suppose it’s a good thing Love at First Sight singer Jori King isn’t on the cutting edge of mobile phone technology – if he was, he wouldn’t have been inspired to write his latest promo single, which finds him transfixed by a mysterious, unidentified tune that reminds him of his girl. From the “female = music” concept, to Rob-E‘s sugary synth boardwork, to King’s singalong hook, this record may remind some of a recent smash hit by a certain Virgin Islands-bred singer, but that shouldn’t stop the record from worming its way into the ears of pop-loving listeners everywhere. And, it should be noted, Jori’s taste in women in completely different: he likes them like “La, la-la, la-la, yeah, doot-do doot do-doot doot,” not “Na na na na.” (I’m more of a “Hum de dum, bop bop she-bop” guy, myself.) Our Song is only a promo single, but it leaves no doubt that Jori King’s going places; keep it locked for the latest developments in the career of this rising pop star.
Written by richard on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.