One of the niftiest, and most-used features on my Android handset is Shazam, an application which can ID just about any recorded musical work in existence. I suppose it’s a good thing Love at First Sight singer Jori King isn’t on the cutting edge of mobile phone technology – if he was, he wouldn’t have been inspired to write his latest promo single, which finds him transfixed by a mysterious, unidentified tune that reminds him of his girl. From the “female = music” concept, to Rob-E‘s sugary synth boardwork, to King’s singalong hook, this record may remind some of a recent smash hit by a certain Virgin Islands-bred singer, but that shouldn’t stop the record from worming its way into the ears of pop-loving listeners everywhere. And, it should be noted, Jori’s taste in women in completely different: he likes them like “La, la-la, la-la, yeah, doot-do doot do-doot doot,” not “Na na na na.” (I’m more of a “Hum de dum, bop bop she-bop” guy, myself.) Our Song is only a promo single, but it leaves no doubt that Jori King’s going places; keep it locked for the latest developments in the career of this rising pop star.
Listen to More: Jori King
Written by richard on 03/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)