One of the niftiest, and most-used features on my Android handset is Shazam, an application which can ID just about any recorded musical work in existence. I suppose it’s a good thing Love at First Sight singer Jori King isn’t on the cutting edge of mobile phone technology – if he was, he wouldn’t have been inspired to write his latest promo single, which finds him transfixed by a mysterious, unidentified tune that reminds him of his girl. From the “female = music” concept, to Rob-E‘s sugary synth boardwork, to King’s singalong hook, this record may remind some of a recent smash hit by a certain Virgin Islands-bred singer, but that shouldn’t stop the record from worming its way into the ears of pop-loving listeners everywhere. And, it should be noted, Jori’s taste in women in completely different: he likes them like “La, la-la, la-la, yeah, doot-do doot do-doot doot,” not “Na na na na.” (I’m more of a “Hum de dum, bop bop she-bop” guy, myself.) Our Song is only a promo single, but it leaves no doubt that Jori King’s going places; keep it locked for the latest developments in the career of this rising pop star.
Written by richard on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.