One of the niftiest, and most-used features on my Android handset is Shazam, an application which can ID just about any recorded musical work in existence. I suppose it’s a good thing Love at First Sight singer Jori King isn’t on the cutting edge of mobile phone technology – if he was, he wouldn’t have been inspired to write his latest promo single, which finds him transfixed by a mysterious, unidentified tune that reminds him of his girl. From the “female = music” concept, to Rob-E‘s sugary synth boardwork, to King’s singalong hook, this record may remind some of a recent smash hit by a certain Virgin Islands-bred singer, but that shouldn’t stop the record from worming its way into the ears of pop-loving listeners everywhere. And, it should be noted, Jori’s taste in women in completely different: he likes them like “La, la-la, la-la, yeah, doot-do doot do-doot doot,” not “Na na na na.” (I’m more of a “Hum de dum, bop bop she-bop” guy, myself.) Our Song is only a promo single, but it leaves no doubt that Jori King’s going places; keep it locked for the latest developments in the career of this rising pop star.
Listen to More: Jori King
Written by richard on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.