Is there really such thing as Love at First Sight? Well, we can only hope; for those who looking to be swept off their feet in time for Valentine’s Day 2010, taking things slow just isn’t an option. (It’s looking like I’ll be spending Sunday evening hanging out with my cat, but I have my fingers crossed.) Booth newcomer Jori King is convinced it’s for real – on this new, Valentine’s-themed promo single, the West Coast singer serenades a shawty who came into his life without warning and had him “feelin’ like oh, oh, oh-oh, ooh yeah,” after a single glance. Backed by producer Malcy‘s fittingly romantic blend of synth-harp, strings, and overdubbed vocal harmonies, this slow jam will undoubtedly be a hit with happy couples, but even the bitterest of loners would be well-advised to give it a shot. Either way, if you’ve fallen head-over-heels King’s smooth sound, keep it locked to the Booth; this cut isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but you can rest assured we’ll bring you all the latest tunes from this rising r&b star.
Written by richard on 02/11/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.