It’s only been a few months since last we heard of smooth crooner Jori King, on the DJBooth-approved Promise, but he’s been at it with no lunch breaks and is back in the Booth with a brand new promo single. This time around he’s planning on transcending his novice status with Lift Me Up, a catchy pop ode to drugs and swag; just kidding, lyrically it’s actually a more traditional R&B joint purely for the special woman in his life. With an uplifting production from E-London that rides on a smooth base line and enchanting strings, the Cali native does what he does best, showing listeners his vocal range and ability to freshen up radio rotations. While this exclusive premiere might sound a bit more toned down than his earlier entries, there is no doubt that the Sacramento-based singer and songwriter is progressively honing his craft, which I can’t help but commend. If you liked King’s wooing of the ladies (shout out to The Princess Bride), be sure to keep a lookout for more from the young buck here on our heralded pages.
Written by Sigurd on 05/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.