It’s only been a few months since last we heard of smooth crooner Jori King, on the DJBooth-approved Promise, but he’s been at it with no lunch breaks and is back in the Booth with a brand new promo single. This time around he’s planning on transcending his novice status with Lift Me Up, a catchy pop ode to drugs and swag; just kidding, lyrically it’s actually a more traditional R&B joint purely for the special woman in his life. With an uplifting production from E-London that rides on a smooth base line and enchanting strings, the Cali native does what he does best, showing listeners his vocal range and ability to freshen up radio rotations. While this exclusive premiere might sound a bit more toned down than his earlier entries, there is no doubt that the Sacramento-based singer and songwriter is progressively honing his craft, which I can’t help but commend. If you liked King’s wooing of the ladies (shout out to The Princess Bride), be sure to keep a lookout for more from the young buck here on our heralded pages.
Written by Sigurd on 05/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.