It’s only been a few months since last we heard of smooth crooner Jori King, on the DJBooth-approved Promise, but he’s been at it with no lunch breaks and is back in the Booth with a brand new promo single. This time around he’s planning on transcending his novice status with Lift Me Up, a catchy pop ode to drugs and swag; just kidding, lyrically it’s actually a more traditional R&B joint purely for the special woman in his life. With an uplifting production from E-London that rides on a smooth base line and enchanting strings, the Cali native does what he does best, showing listeners his vocal range and ability to freshen up radio rotations. While this exclusive premiere might sound a bit more toned down than his earlier entries, there is no doubt that the Sacramento-based singer and songwriter is progressively honing his craft, which I can’t help but commend. If you liked King’s wooing of the ladies (shout out to The Princess Bride), be sure to keep a lookout for more from the young buck here on our heralded pages.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.