It’s only been a few months since last we heard of smooth crooner Jori King, on the DJBooth-approved Promise, but he’s been at it with no lunch breaks and is back in the Booth with a brand new promo single. This time around he’s planning on transcending his novice status with Lift Me Up, a catchy pop ode to drugs and swag; just kidding, lyrically it’s actually a more traditional R&B joint purely for the special woman in his life. With an uplifting production from E-London that rides on a smooth base line and enchanting strings, the Cali native does what he does best, showing listeners his vocal range and ability to freshen up radio rotations. While this exclusive premiere might sound a bit more toned down than his earlier entries, there is no doubt that the Sacramento-based singer and songwriter is progressively honing his craft, which I can’t help but commend. If you liked King’s wooing of the ladies (shout out to The Princess Bride), be sure to keep a lookout for more from the young buck here on our heralded pages.
Written by Sigurd on 05/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.