It’s only been a few months since last we heard of smooth crooner Jori King, on the DJBooth-approved Promise, but he’s been at it with no lunch breaks and is back in the Booth with a brand new promo single. This time around he’s planning on transcending his novice status with Lift Me Up, a catchy pop ode to drugs and swag; just kidding, lyrically it’s actually a more traditional R&B joint purely for the special woman in his life. With an uplifting production from E-London that rides on a smooth base line and enchanting strings, the Cali native does what he does best, showing listeners his vocal range and ability to freshen up radio rotations. While this exclusive premiere might sound a bit more toned down than his earlier entries, there is no doubt that the Sacramento-based singer and songwriter is progressively honing his craft, which I can’t help but commend. If you liked King’s wooing of the ladies (shout out to The Princess Bride), be sure to keep a lookout for more from the young buck here on our heralded pages.
Written by Sigurd on 05/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.