Why choose between high performance and classic stylings when you can have both? Take Jori King‘s ‘67 Shelby, for example: not only is the Mustang variant one of the most elegant rides ever manufactured, but its upgraded parts make it ideal for hightailing it out of town when a relationship goes south. On a new promotional single, making its world premiere on our front page, the Booth-acclaimed crooner offers his girl a choice: either they go back to to the way things were before the constant fights and drama, or he jumps in his whip and burns rubber. Though Clyde Strokes’ bubblegum-pop beat follows the familiar I V vi IV formula, King’s unique melodic approach and versatile delivery ensure this cut is just as fresh and catchy as his previous reader-acclaimed jams. Originally slated to feature ‘67 Shelby, the Cali singer’s Mr. King LP is currently in release date limbo. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest on the long-awaited project.
Update: Jori has released a remixed version of the single, which now includes a guest feature from DJBooth newcomer Jay Howden.
Written by richard on 09/3/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.