Why choose between high performance and classic stylings when you can have both? Take Jori King‘s ‘67 Shelby, for example: not only is the Mustang variant one of the most elegant rides ever manufactured, but its upgraded parts make it ideal for hightailing it out of town when a relationship goes south. On a new promotional single, making its world premiere on our front page, the Booth-acclaimed crooner offers his girl a choice: either they go back to to the way things were before the constant fights and drama, or he jumps in his whip and burns rubber. Though Clyde Strokes’ bubblegum-pop beat follows the familiar I V vi IV formula, King’s unique melodic approach and versatile delivery ensure this cut is just as fresh and catchy as his previous reader-acclaimed jams. Originally slated to feature ‘67 Shelby, the Cali singer’s Mr. King LP is currently in release date limbo. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest on the long-awaited project.
Update: Jori has released a remixed version of the single, which now includes a guest feature from DJBooth newcomer Jay Howden.
Written by richard on 09/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at First Sight" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.