Since winning the 6th season of American Idol, Jordin Sparks has been doing her best to avoid the quick path to irrelevance that former winners Fantasia Barrino, Reuben Studdard, and Taylor Hicks saw their careers go down. While her platinum single No Air has started her off on the right foot, she will have to consistently churn out hits if she is to survive the Idol curse. One Step At A Time, the third single from her self-titled debut album, is a highly melodic, radio-friendly pop song. Aided by producers Cutfather, Jonas Jeberg and Robbie Nevil, the harp-driven beat takes a backseat to her ear-filling vocals. Whether Sparks is for real remains to be seen, but as of now it would appear that she is headed in the right direction.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Step at a Time (Remix) ft. Beyond Belief" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.