Since winning the 6th season of American Idol, Jordin Sparks has been doing her best to avoid the quick path to irrelevance that former winners Fantasia Barrino, Reuben Studdard, and Taylor Hicks saw their careers go down. While her platinum single No Air has started her off on the right foot, she will have to consistently churn out hits if she is to survive the Idol curse. One Step At A Time, the third single from her self-titled debut album, is a highly melodic, radio-friendly pop song. Aided by producers Cutfather, Jonas Jeberg and Robbie Nevil, the harp-driven beat takes a backseat to her ear-filling vocals. Whether Sparks is for real remains to be seen, but as of now it would appear that she is headed in the right direction.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Step at a Time (Remix) ft. Beyond Belief" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.