Since winning the 6th season of American Idol, Jordin Sparks has been doing her best to avoid the quick path to irrelevance that former winners Fantasia Barrino, Reuben Studdard, and Taylor Hicks saw their careers go down. While her platinum single No Air has started her off on the right foot, she will have to consistently churn out hits if she is to survive the Idol curse. One Step At A Time, the third single from her self-titled debut album, is a highly melodic, radio-friendly pop song. Aided by producers Cutfather, Jonas Jeberg and Robbie Nevil, the harp-driven beat takes a backseat to her ear-filling vocals. Whether Sparks is for real remains to be seen, but as of now it would appear that she is headed in the right direction.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Step at a Time (Remix) ft. Beyond Belief" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.