Being a woman in today’s society ain’t easy; females have to work harder for less pay than men, they’re held to outrageous standards of physical beauty… oh, and they get to carry tiny human beings around in their bodies for nine months, before pushing them out in a painful process that can take hours. I mean, damn. Just in time for Mother’s Day, Jordin Sparks returns with I Am Woman, a new single on which she encourages ladies to stand proud, and fellas to show their appreciation. Here, beatsmith Ryan Tedder sets a fittingly bombastic mood behind the boards, blending hi-impact percussion with dense synth-brass fanfare as the Battlefield singer celebrates female empowerment, boasting of her awe-inspiring looks and daring dudes to try and spend even a day in her shoes (of course, she’s rocking stilettos, so most wouldn’t even be able to stay upright). A worthy sentiment, to be sure, but does it all add up to a hit? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, be sure to tune in for Sparks’ live performance of I Am Woman on this Thursday’s episode of American Idol, and keep it locked for details on the her yet-untitled third album.
Written by richard on 05/8/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.