Being a woman in today’s society ain’t easy; females have to work harder for less pay than men, they’re held to outrageous standards of physical beauty… oh, and they get to carry tiny human beings around in their bodies for nine months, before pushing them out in a painful process that can take hours. I mean, damn. Just in time for Mother’s Day, Jordin Sparks returns with I Am Woman, a new single on which she encourages ladies to stand proud, and fellas to show their appreciation. Here, beatsmith Ryan Tedder sets a fittingly bombastic mood behind the boards, blending hi-impact percussion with dense synth-brass fanfare as the Battlefield singer celebrates female empowerment, boasting of her awe-inspiring looks and daring dudes to try and spend even a day in her shoes (of course, she’s rocking stilettos, so most wouldn’t even be able to stay upright). A worthy sentiment, to be sure, but does it all add up to a hit? If you’re leaning towards the affirmative, be sure to tune in for Sparks’ live performance of I Am Woman on this Thursday’s episode of American Idol, and keep it locked for details on the her yet-untitled third album.
Written by richard on 05/8/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)