Apparently, if you make a Wish at exactly 11:11 PM, it’s bound to come true. (I wish someone had told me this earlier, since it’s a hell of a lot easier than waiting for a shooting star.) If you requested a new promo single from Jordin Sparks yesterday evening, I’m happy to say your wish has been granted; today, the RCA Records soul songstress steps into the Booth with her first feature since August’s Skipping a Beat. On this low-key ballad, co-written by Sparks in conjunction with Booth-approved crooner Elijah Blake, the singer asks the powers that be to bring her and a certain man closer together. Salaam Remi provides a somnolent keyboard beat to back her as she pines after the man in question. Will her request be fulfilled? The song ends on a cliffhanger, so the question remains unresolved. Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked till she returns to our pages with another fresh release.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.