Apparently, if you make a Wish at exactly 11:11 PM, it’s bound to come true. (I wish someone had told me this earlier, since it’s a hell of a lot easier than waiting for a shooting star.) If you requested a new promo single from Jordin Sparks yesterday evening, I’m happy to say your wish has been granted; today, the RCA Records soul songstress steps into the Booth with her first feature since August’s Skipping a Beat. On this low-key ballad, co-written by Sparks in conjunction with Booth-approved crooner Elijah Blake, the singer asks the powers that be to bring her and a certain man closer together. Salaam Remi provides a somnolent keyboard beat to back her as she pines after the man in question. Will her request be fulfilled? The song ends on a cliffhanger, so the question remains unresolved. Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked till she returns to our pages with another fresh release.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!