Today may mark your first encounter with Jordan Corey, but just you wait; it won’t be long till you’re seeing the unsigned songstress’s name in lights. To quote the title of the forthcoming EP on which she is featured, the San Jose native is On the Rise. Corey’s debut feature on our pages, recorded as part of Dr. Pepper’s One of a Kind Studio Sessions, offers a full demonstration of The Power she wields as a singer/songwriter and vocalist. Over the glittering keyboard chords and jazzy, stop-start percussion of Corey and Matthew Ebrahimoon, the artist addresses smoky, soulful verses to a loved one, eschewing lyrical cliché in favor of a more subtle, poetic, approach. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the yet-unscheduled arrival of Corey’s next project.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.