Last we heard from Jordan Bratton, on a February video single off his Grey Area LP, he was mourning the fact that he and an ex-girl had turned into Strangers. The Long Island representative’s latest promo single marks a fresh start both musically and romantically. His first original release since the aforementioned 2013 full-length, When I Get There follows Bratton as he searches for a way into a new woman’s heart. The artist’s vocals are as smooth and appealing as ever, but it’s the production that really shines; fueled by a syncopated, subtly bluesy set of piano chords, his boardwork is some of the most addictive I’ve encountered in a hot minute. Though unattached to any larger project, this joint is sure to leave listeners wondering what else Jordan Bratton has up his sleeve. To find out, you’ll simply have to keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.