Last we heard from Jordan Bratton, on a February video single off his Grey Area LP, he was mourning the fact that he and an ex-girl had turned into Strangers. The Long Island representative’s latest promo single marks a fresh start both musically and romantically. His first original release since the aforementioned 2013 full-length, When I Get There follows Bratton as he searches for a way into a new woman’s heart. The artist’s vocals are as smooth and appealing as ever, but it’s the production that really shines; fueled by a syncopated, subtly bluesy set of piano chords, his boardwork is some of the most addictive I’ve encountered in a hot minute. Though unattached to any larger project, this joint is sure to leave listeners wondering what else Jordan Bratton has up his sleeve. To find out, you’ll simply have to keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.