Last we heard from Jordan Bratton, on a February video single off his Grey Area LP, he was mourning the fact that he and an ex-girl had turned into Strangers. The Long Island representative’s latest promo single marks a fresh start both musically and romantically. His first original release since the aforementioned 2013 full-length, When I Get There follows Bratton as he searches for a way into a new woman’s heart. The artist’s vocals are as smooth and appealing as ever, but it’s the production that really shines; fueled by a syncopated, subtly bluesy set of piano chords, his boardwork is some of the most addictive I’ve encountered in a hot minute. Though unattached to any larger project, this joint is sure to leave listeners wondering what else Jordan Bratton has up his sleeve. To find out, you’ll simply have to keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Grey" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)