Last we heard from Jordan Bratton, on a February video single off his Grey Area LP, he was mourning the fact that he and an ex-girl had turned into Strangers. The Long Island representative’s latest promo single marks a fresh start both musically and romantically. His first original release since the aforementioned 2013 full-length, When I Get There follows Bratton as he searches for a way into a new woman’s heart. The artist’s vocals are as smooth and appealing as ever, but it’s the production that really shines; fueled by a syncopated, subtly bluesy set of piano chords, his boardwork is some of the most addictive I’ve encountered in a hot minute. Though unattached to any larger project, this joint is sure to leave listeners wondering what else Jordan Bratton has up his sleeve. To find out, you’ll simply have to keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Grey" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.