Jordan Bratton‘s been a Stranger to the Booth since dropping off his debut studio album in December, but neither we nor his many fans on our pages have forgotten about him. Not a moment too soon, the NYC electronic musician returns to kick off his 2014 with a brand new single off the set. Featured in conjunction with an unknown director’s candid visuals, which follow the artist as he journeys from his home in Long Island to the Weehawken, NJ studio where he recorded his LP, this joint trades the slow-burning sound of previous singles for something more funky and ebullient, while retaining the strong emotions that animated them. Over his own body-moving percussion, keys and guitar licks, he addresses poignant lines to a ex: “You’re the part I can’t conceive, you’re the heaven I won’t ever see / I feel my soul is cavin’ in, I want my heart to beat again.” For Stranger and many more fresh, eclectic jams, cop Grey Area, available now for streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)