Jordan Bratton‘s been a Stranger to the Booth since dropping off his debut studio album in December, but neither we nor his many fans on our pages have forgotten about him. Not a moment too soon, the NYC electronic musician returns to kick off his 2014 with a brand new single off the set. Featured in conjunction with an unknown director’s candid visuals, which follow the artist as he journeys from his home in Long Island to the Weehawken, NJ studio where he recorded his LP, this joint trades the slow-burning sound of previous singles for something more funky and ebullient, while retaining the strong emotions that animated them. Over his own body-moving percussion, keys and guitar licks, he addresses poignant lines to a ex: “You’re the part I can’t conceive, you’re the heaven I won’t ever see / I feel my soul is cavin’ in, I want my heart to beat again.” For Stranger and many more fresh, eclectic jams, cop Grey Area, available now for streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.