Jordan Bratton‘s last feature, When I Get There, saw him offering a more vibrant, upbeat take on his usual atmospheric style, with impressive results. On his latest promo single, Must Be, the Long Island singer/songwriter and beatsmith continues to expand his sound, but in an entirely different direction. This time around, he keeps things simple and stripped-down. With the help of frequent Black EL collaborator Durkin, he crafts an understated, yet effective synth backdrop for openhearted falsetto reflections on the fallout of a recent breakup. Must Be is just a loosie, but those digging it can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from the Booth fave.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Grey" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.