Jordan Bratton‘s recent debut feature found the buzzmaking artist and producer stuck in The Grey area between love and exasperation, thanks to a certain woman’s fickle, manipulative behavior. A week and change later, her incessant mind games have him seeing red. As he puts it on the freshly-released follow-up single, “You’ve got me living in a Midnight Rage.” His cryptic, yet emotionally-charged verses come backed by insistent mid-tempo percussion and a powerful bassline. On the back, the record switches gears unexpectedly, transitioning into a soothing, string-led outro. Like what you’re hearing? More eclectic bangers await on debut album Grey Area, scheduled for independent release sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.