Beware, Booth readers: untold perils await, should you hit play and listen to Jordan Bratton‘s latest single. Although, frankly, I can’t think of any right now; maybe you could hurt your ears, if you had the volume set too high? In any case, those who work up the nerve to listen to Danger 3 will be richly rewarded for their bravery. As usual, the Big Apple singer/songwriter handles both mic and production duties, crafting a stylishly understated electro-funk backdrop to back his own skillful vocal performance. Lyrically, Bratton keeps things as cryptic as ever, but his oblique verses pack an understated emotional punch. For this cut, the previously-featured Black Fever and much more, check out Jordan Bratton’s Grey Area LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, November 26.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.