Beware, Booth readers: untold perils await, should you hit play and listen to Jordan Bratton‘s latest single. Although, frankly, I can’t think of any right now; maybe you could hurt your ears, if you had the volume set too high? In any case, those who work up the nerve to listen to Danger 3 will be richly rewarded for their bravery. As usual, the Big Apple singer/songwriter handles both mic and production duties, crafting a stylishly understated electro-funk backdrop to back his own skillful vocal performance. Lyrically, Bratton keeps things as cryptic as ever, but his oblique verses pack an understated emotional punch. For this cut, the previously-featured Black Fever and much more, check out Jordan Bratton’s Grey Area LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, November 26.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.